Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site
What's in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.hawking.org.uk (“our site”).
Click on the links below to find out more information on each area:
• Who we are and how to contact us
• By using our site you accept these terms
• There are other terms that may apply to you
• We may make changes to these terms
• We may make changes to our site
• We may suspend or withdraw our site
• We may transfer this agreement to someone else
• Our site is directed at users in the UK
• How you may use material on our site
• Do not rely on information on our site
• We are not responsible for websites we link to
• Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
• How we may use your personal information
• We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
• Rules about linking to our site
• Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
• Our trade marks are registered
Who we are and how to contact us
www.hawking.org.uk is a site operated by the Estate of Stephen Hawking c/o United Agents LLP, 12-26 Lexington Street, London W1F 0LE (“We”).
To contact us, please email [email protected]
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our users' needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
Our site is directed at users in the UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You must not use this website in any way that breaches any applicable law.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and shall have no responsibility or liability in respect of the same.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
• Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
• If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
All warranties, conditions, representations or other terms implied by statute or common law in relation to our site are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Our trade marks are registered
The registered trade mark “STEPHEN HAWKING”, and other intellectual property rights are the property of the Estate of Professor Stephen Hawking.
Professor Hawking’s family appreciates the continuing interest in Professor Hawking and in naming or associating projects in tribute to him. Professor Hawking’s family requests anyone wishing to use Professor Hawking’s name or reputation for any commercial or non-commercial project (including but not limited to, biographies, films or plays about Professor Hawking and giving his name to buildings and meeting rooms) to complete the Permissions Form.